Why are we here
(Shaun) We are here today to discuss coaching. As we have said in earlier episodes, only 8% of new years goals make it past the first month. This being the end of the month, it’s time to ask ourselves how were doing. If it’s not great, that doesn’t mean you are a failure, it simply means you might need help achieving what you set out to accomplish. Thats where coaching comes in.
(Kolby) Quitters day – Second Friday in January is when most people are most likely to give up their New Year’s Resolutions
Why coaching? (Kolby)
- Everyone needs a coach. It’s hard for people to be good at everything. Why not utilize experts in the area’s you’re wanting to grow in to expedite your progress.
Examples of coaching in buckets (Shaun)
- Nutrition coach – Shaun’s Story
- Bodybuilding Coach – Kolby’s Story
- Health and Wellness Coach (Kari)
- People with Career Experience
- People you work with
- Executive Coaching
- Other couples
- Marriage Counselors
- No shame
Yes, it can cost money
- This could push your career forward and help advance you financially
- Spending the money with coaching could save you money from the time/negative consequences saved.
- You already spend that money somewhere. Anything can be budgeted.
- There are free coaching opportunities as well. (Leads into Kall-To-Action)
The Kallweit Kall-To-Action
- Identify who is influencing you
- Do you need to invest more in these relationships?
- Are they positive or negative influences
- If you don’t have coaches, who could your coaches be?
- Why bucket do you need your coaching in?
- Get coaching people!
- Kolby and I have had coaching through health, our careers, and even our personal lives
- Coaching does not mean you are failing
- Yes, coaching costs money but so does your time. Take a few minutes to figure out how much your current struggle is costing you
- The Kall to action – Think about who is already a coach to you and identify areas that you need coaching for.