Why are we here (Shaun)
The importance of self-awareness.
The importance of self-awareness (Kolby and Shaun)
- In career paths, there are times people are promoted past their capabilities. This can create problems as this person could go from a job they are successful at to a job they need improvement in as they’ve not fully evaluated their abilities. Self-awareness is key.
- Understanding your capabilities towards your slide reel.
- Self-awareness allows you to define your own metrics of success.
- What does your success look like? Do you need a private jet or a backyard for your kids?
- “Self-awareness allows people to recognize what things they do best so they can then go hard on those aspects of their life. It also helps you accept your weaknesses.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
- What works for one person doesn’t work for everyone. Be at peace with yourself and understand what you’ve got to offer.
- Self-awareness is being able to accept your weaknesses while focusing all of your attention on your strengths.
- Stop chasing what others want.
- Identify your blind spots.
How to evaluate yourself
- Take a self-assessment
- What’s your personality type?
- This can help you not only better understand yourself but help others understand you
- One problem is that you may struggle with this is who I am or who I want to be
- 360 reviews
- Gives you an outside perspective and helps you identify blind spots and what people really think.
- Slide Reel – this should help you identify your metrics of success and see where you are at.
- Take the personality test! https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test
- It’s been eight weeks since we spoke about creating your slide reel. It’s time to review this and determine how your trending. Are your buckets where you want them to be? If not, what do you need to do to move towards Harmony?