Why Are We Here (Shaun)
Victim Vs. Creator. Don’t blame the train. Intro to the basic concept of living as a creator.
We’ve all got this story (Kolby)
How many of us hit the snooze button or wait to leave until the last minute and always find ourselves running late? Here’s my story.
Types of Victims (Shaun)
- Playcators – These people place themselves below others. They are pleasers
- Blamers – These people are the defensive ones. So quick to describe how its not their fault or its out of their control.
Traits of Creator (Kolby)
- Take ownership/Accept responsibility
- The master of their own destiny
- Speak in terms of owning what they do
- Responsible for their own life
- They use “I” when they speak
Creator Vs. Victim (Shaun)
- The victim will say “I’m too busy” or “I don’t have enough time”
- Is a slave to their calendar
- The creator will say “This is not highest priority” or “I have higher priorities”
- The victim will say “Why me?”
- The creator will say “Why not me?”
- The creator is someone who is intense and intentional with their time
- We’ve all overslept
- Victim – My alarm didn’t go off
- Creator – I didn’t set my alarm correctly and am going to ensure it doesn’t happen again.
Creators Can formulate an action plan
- Grab a piece of paper and pencil and write down a few things that are true about your life. Write down something that you like and something that you don’t like.
- Write them down, pause the podcast, do it!
- Now, add this phrase to the end of each statement – “And it’s my fault”.
It is important that we each own our negative faults, but also own the good things that we do. They are both our fault!
- Don’t be a victim
- Playcators and blamers
- Creators use “I” statements
- Creators are able to correct their problems
- Kall to action – write down a few items that are true about yourself, both positive and negative and own those things.